NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Monday, February 22, 2010

The laughing possum??

Maybe I should change the name of the blog to the laughing possum!
....or the bratty possum might be more like it!! LOL

Usually they wait till dark to come out and eat....never when I'm in there putting their food out. I'm guessing the smell of the sardines and chicken livers was just too hard to resist. Yummy. One whiff with those incredible noses and there they were....
Hey, watcha got there mom!

Ohhhhh yummy....the smellier the better!

It was good to actually see them for a change. Whenever I open the den box to try to get a peek this is what I see! They have totally stuffed it with newspapers and straw. I'm not sticking my hand in there either! These girls are snappy!


At the risk of jinxing myself...they look awesome and are doing great. After the other 2 mysteriously died I've been nervous about what I'll find on my daily trips out there. Nothing but normal, healthy possums so far! Whew!!


No comments:

Post a Comment