NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soaring high.

As much as windy days can be a pain in the ass around here when out in the cold taking care of the animals, it can also be beautiful! The red tails around here love to soar over my house in the wind. You can tell they are having fun....not hunting, truly just up there to enjoy themselves! On this particular day there were 4! One pair soaring right over head, one pair a little further away.
One in particular spent a lot of time right over me, just drifting in the breeze. It gave me ample opportunity to take advantage of it's proximity and snap away with the camera. I think once he knew I was taking pictures he decided to show off a little! LOL
They really are amazing to watch....as long as they are staying away from my squirrels! :)  Absolutely beautiful and so peaceful...wish I could soar up there with them!
I love that I never know what unexpected beauty I may run into when I walk out my front door, courtesy of Mother Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment