NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A fisher in heaven......

Some sad news to report from Sam about one of the fishers.

I'm terribly saddened to tell you that one of my fishers, "big guy" is in heaven. I brought him to Tufts yesterday because although his litter mates were running and now climbing, he was not. He was still crawling. He was diagnosed with "Chondrodystophy", a genetic disorder that interferes with the body's normal development of cartilage. His wrists, shoulders and hocks were affected. To say that the news was devastating to me is an understatement, I feel his loss profoundly, he was a happy gentle soul and I am honored to have been part of his life. Thank you all for following his life with me, I'll continue to send updates on the other two, who appear to be perfectly fine. I've attached a couple pics of BG, may your soul continue is journey in peace my friend.




Rest in peace little one.....


 
In the meantime, the other 2 are living the big life outdoors now! Wow, they are growing fast!




3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to have your heart broken but out in the wild, he would have suffered. It is for the best...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for this loss. I feel this with you, Deanna. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry ♥

    ReplyDelete