NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The screech owl gets released.

Good news....the little screech owl made a full recovery and was released. Here is a quick video.....don't blink or you'll miss it! Good luck little one!


 Unfortunately the red tail hawk with rodenticide poisoning did not survive. Very sad....hopefully his death was not in vain and the lesson learned here saves future animals.....

Some of the gang actually came out of their nice warm den boxes to say hi the other day. OK, well only one of the gang from the big pen bothered to venture away from the den box. Natty G perched in her favorite spot briefly. She didn't stay long though.....it's cold out there and it wasn't long before she retreated back to warmer parts!


Both Henry and Roxy were happy to come out. Henry's new favorite spot is inside the big hollow tree. He loves running in and out of there, trying to get me to chase him in there I think! Sorry dude, even in my skinniest days there is now way I'm fitting in there with you!


Roxy is getting big and she's so good to her little brother. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest...it was already dark outside and honestly I'm pretty surprised my cell got bright enough pictures at all!


The reds refuse to make an appearance but I finally managed to get proof the grey's exist! When I went inside to throw some food in, one actually lunged out of the nest box , scared the crap out of me, and lingered on the ceiling long enough for me to get my phone out! Then off to parts unseen once again.....

 
Otherwise, nothing new or exciting with the gang which is fine by me!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see and hear so many good stories, once again yet the loss of one red-tail means there will be more....:( JP

    ReplyDelete