NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Strutting their stuff & a red tail hawk rescued.

My sister in law called me today. Her mom had an injured hawk in her yard so I headed over there to check it out. Sure enough it was definitely in need of rescue....so I donned my leather gloves, grabbed a blanket and snagged me a hawk. The Animal Rescue League was kind enough to pick it up to transport it to Tufts since I had to get to work and couldn't drive it out there myself. I didn't like the look of one of the wings so my fingers are crossed for the poor thing.
I was out yesterday doing the usual rounds. I was standing at the ponds edge calling to Hissy for our usual visit. Soon enough he rounds a corner....and surprise, the Mrs. was with him too! I haven't seen her in a while. Then an even bigger surprise!!! Babies!! They were swimming so close up mom's butt I didn't even see them until she turned sideways. The proud parents came in for a treat and to relax and show off the new brood!

Only 2 this year...last year they had 4, then adopted 2 more later on.....

Hanging out, the kids are snuggled under mom on the right while Hissy keeps an eye out on the left.



I've got 2 female turkeys hanging out on a regular basis this year. Soon this guy showed up strutting his stuff! Although I don't know who he is trying to impress here as the girls were no where to be seen at this time! He was making quite a racket too....the cats were enthralled!!


No comments:

Post a Comment