NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A warm weeked...just a tease!!!

This past weekend was a balmy 40 degrees and sunny! It was great! Most of the snow in the pens and in the woods was melted. Even some of the overwinters ventured out to enjoy some nice warm sunshine.

It was a good time for Dad to help me get a tree for the second squirrel pen. I found a big, dead, hollow tree near the downtown pen. I checked it out and upon discovering nothing was already living in it, set my sights on it!



After a good workout sawing forever....Dad finally managed to get it down! It's been cut into 2 pieces to fit in the pen and I'll drag them up there eventually! I just wanted to make sure I got it down before something else moved into it....then I'd have to leave it there of course!

Unfortunately our lovely weekend weather was short lived! Sunday night we were hit with another snow storm....worse this time. Not the light fluffy snow like the last one. This was wet, heavy snow and it was topped off with a finishing glaze of frozen ice that has a lot of trees bent over to the ground with the weight of it. Stay tuned for those pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment