NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The little stinkers go free!

So my 5 little stinkers finally got their freedom Monday night! As you can see...it brought a smile to their faces! LOL First wake up the crew......

...then give them a final big meal so they don't have to worry about it their first night out there exploring!





Then off they go! I opened the door and they made their way out without hesitation....well except for one that was SOUND asleep! The rest were wasting no time heading out and exploring....I had to go wake up the slacker or he would have woken up later to find himself all alone and none of the others in sight! A little snort and a grunt, he finally realized what was going on and caught up with his siblings.

They pretty much stuck to the woods, occasionally investigating just beyond the brush in the open....but for the most part they stayed safely under cover of the dense woods and eventually ventured deeper.


One last look back...and maybe a passing thank you?....and off my little babies went! Sniff..sniff! Good luck little ones!
I still have Lisa's 5 skunks here, and they were thrilled to get moved into the bigger pen my gang vacated. It won't be long before they can head out too!

4 comments:

  1. Such cute little faces - OMG!!! Do you think they'll come back to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, travel well, stay safe little stinkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should ask Kristy! I was poking around out there around midnight after I got out of work last night and one of them was out there causing a fuss with the other 5 that were in HIS old pen! LOL! I left him a tasty treat of chicken to go with the dog chow I left out there for them if they did come back.(Don't have to worry about other critters raiding it...it's too close to the skunk pen and they know better!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, sounds like he may be the smartest one. Hmmmm, let's see....go "free" with my siblings into the great unknown full of scary things that may try to eat me and having to find my own food, or......Yep, I'm staying with the crazy raccoon lady, LOL.

    ReplyDelete