NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Monday, March 7, 2011

A gathering of critters.

With some of the warmer weather we have been having, spring fever is in the air! After seeing the little stinker out I put a little something from our wildlife food donations out for him to give him a little break.
I'm guessing by this picture he's not the one that got to enjoy it! Although I have to admit....they only pick at it a little. They don't inhale it like a dog would, so plenty was left behind for the next crew..... Fox and Coon were very polite dinner partners and shared well....and also left some behind for those that might follow them! Sorry about the quality here...the batteries were on their last legs!

I never would have guessed it would have been this crew though! I have my regular hen that comes back every year, but she certainly doesn't bring a rowdy gang of boys! They polished off what was left and did some sparring as well it appears.

I only decided to check the cameras because I walked out to the shed one afternoon a couple of days ago and suddenly noticed one of the stumps out there moved! I immediately stood still and looked a little closer. Turned out to be 4 toms just hanging out together. I left and they eventually wandered off into the woods past where I have the coon cam set up. So I decided to download the pics and turns out it was a busy day for toms! Not something I usually see on there and a pleasant surprise to boot!

Lets hope this signals the end of one long, cold, awful winter!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics & info!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leaving that camera out there....ya just never know what you'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete