NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The recovery begins.....

I am happy to report that Dandy is doing well after her surgery. She appears very comfortable and not bothered by her nose which is great because it means she is leaving it alone and not clawing at the stitches in her mouth.

She has been moved outside into the recovery cage and feels right at home seeing as it is part of the same cage she was raised in! Aside from being a little restless at being cooped up again, she is very cooperative with me allowing me to treat her without a problem.

It's just amazing how trusting they can be when treated kindly and when they know you are helping them! It also helps that she thinks of me as Mom, remembers that bond despite being on her own for over 6 months, and recognizes that I mean her no harm. They never fail to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment