NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baloo and the gang at the final release site.

I finally remembered my camera for one of my daily visits to the final release pen! It took some convincing to rouse them....and they weren't that thrilled about it at first!

But once the chicken legs came out....suddenly everyone wanted out of the den box!

Rosie's not very fond of chicken wings...so she just settled for some lovin!
"I wuvs u sooo much mommy!"

The rest of the gang dove right into the legs!

I had a tug of war with Baloo...turns out she was hoarding them in the box..there were about 5 right there in front of her so I had to snatch some away from her to share with the others...little piggy!!

RJ hanging out.

Piggy Baloo kept trying to steal all the legs! Look at that little sneak oh so nonchalantly work a hand in there and try to take Scootch's chicken! No worries though...Scootch was having none of that and made it clear to Baloo....hand off my chicken!!

Cute little Flipper drags hers into the den box away from those other scavengers!

Everyone finally settled down with their own chicken and I snuck outta there....
Also paid a late night visit out back on my property a couple nights ago and was thrilled to run into my little Mo!! He's a little shy, but stuck around for a treat and he looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment