NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Monday, June 24, 2013

A member of the pack.

I wasn't the only one enjoying the early morning hours of Sunday! I caught a glimpse of brown out my bedroom window, and thinking the dogs were outside and that Bernard had decided to wander over to where he knows he shouldn't, I went to the window to scold him!
Imagine my surprise when I saw this beauty meandering through the yard! Imagine my bigger surprise when I actually had time to run downstairs, grab my camera, and get onto my back porch in time to get some awesome shots!!
Sorry it had to end though....her mission was less than playful and her intent was my squirrels....like sitting ducks, eating under the bird feeders next to the house, totally unaware. Sorry dude, you're gonna have to catch them fair and square out in the woods, where I don't have to watch it with my own two eyes!
She was so intent on them it took her a minute ( and two unsuccessful passes at squirrels) to realize I was standing there talking to her!



What a great way to start the day though! :)

A better way to end the day.....Dusty and crew were finally released!! I don't usually wait this late with the overwinters, but weather, being too busy to focus on it, and other little factors had caused one delay after another. With a great stretch of weather predicted for a change, they were released here and are hanging close to the pen for the time being and I'll have pics up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment