NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter everyone!

A lucky Easter for 3 new little squirrels brought in a couple days ago! Thanks to a very observant young man who brought their plight to the attention of his mother, 3 very hungry and cold young babies now have full bellies and are warm and cozy snuggled in their soft furs thanks to the coats for cubs program! 2 girls and a boy...all are doing well so far, however the boy is a little runty and not bouncing back as well as the girls, although he's eating great. Failure to thrive could be an issue, however I'm hoping he's just a late bloomer, and with some extra TLC will start to improve.....he's such a sweetheart! Peewee fits him....


Soon they will be able to join the rest of the gang.....Sweetie, the over seer of all feedings!
Luci....who I might add is not as evil anymore!

....and the yet to be named brother and sister that came in before these new 3. I may have to steal a name from JoAnn and call the little boy Wombat...with his dark nose he kind of reminds me of one!

It's a beautiful warm sunny Easter day out there....a pleasant surprise after a predicted rainy day! Enjoy the day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! What little darlings! You are so creative with their names! You deserve the best!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so sweet. I'm glad to hear that Luci is feeling more friendly now too- although I suppose it is good if she still has a bit of attitude towards humans for when she is released. Be-lated Happy Easter wishes to you and all of your helpers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for helping me out. I was just lost with those poor babies. I am so glad I can follow on your blog. Matt was happy that you sent an update on the babies yesterday. He was worried about them. I can't wait to see what he brings home next to help.

    ReplyDelete