NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

My poor fox.


 I fear the worst has happened to one of my fox. (And no, this is not an April Fools joke as much as I wish it were!) I was following one of the well worn wildlife paths around my property and came upon this. A lot of fox fur scattered about this particular area. Normally I would have just figured one of them blew its coat out, but on closer inspection the fur was still attached to hide on some of the bigger clumps.

I haven't seen any of them in a while now and there are no other clues or evidence to give me any explanation. I just figured with baby season upon them they were busy at the den. For now, I can only wonder.....and be a little bummed out as well!

Onto other unexplained mysteries. Someone else out there is screwing with me! I can't tell you how many times I have had to pick up this owl! I'm quite sure it's on purpose and there is a furry little wise ass, snickering into it's mischievous little paws, as it watches me from the shrubs across my front lawn bending over to put it back where it belongs...yet again!!!
Game on wiseguy! LOL

Happy April everyone......people have already jinxed me enough to say with out jinxing myself, we're on borrowed time! Babies should be coming in any time now......

2 comments: