NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Monday, July 25, 2011

River and the kids.

Over the course of the last week, River and her brood have moved around a lot! The night Howell was hanging around the pen by himself he kept trying to get back in. So much so that when I stood there and opened the door for him he walked right past me and inside instead of keeping his distance like usual. So I let him stay the night.
The next afternoon I discovered River and the one girl she was with had been rejoined by the 2 that were MIA for a short time, holed up in the den box on the back release pen. So I decided a total family reunion was in order! I managed to get Howell into a carrier and hauled his ass down there and carried him up to his waiting family. He was thrilled beyond words and it was a very happy reunion!

Over the course of the next few days I have encountered them hanging out in the woods.



Eventually they started hanging out in the den box at the main feeding station. I usually encountered all 5 of them together. Yesterday I only noticed River and her usual girl with her and today I didn't notice any of them in there, but that's to be expected. They have been out exploring the local real estate and it's only a matter of time before they find the home of their dreams!

1 comment:

  1. OOooh! too cute!! it's gotta be just so hard to leave...saying goodbye is never easy, right!?
    but one day...they'll each find their own place...out there in the woods!

    ReplyDelete