NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BIG THANKS to Laurie & Dad!

I went to Martha's Vineyard this past weekend....my old stomping grounds....to visit friends! Yes you heard me right...I went away for a weekend! And how did I accomplish the miracle you might ask?? It's all thanks to Laurie!! She took care of 20 wild, stinky, messy, crazy coonie kids while I was gone. I couldn't have done it without her and I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH Laurie!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Dad came over yesterday and put a new floor in the indoor section of the little kids pen. They trashed the old floor (again)....linoleum on a plywood floor. There had to be a better way!

So thanks to some home depot gift cards from our credit card reward points and some creative thinking....we have this wonderful, indestructible, easy to clean floor!
It is a Trex floor....a composit flooring that will not rot like wood and that I can clean easily! What a difference!!
Thank you Dad for all your hard work....I could NEVER do it without you!!


Quinny & Rollo napped through all the work! Here is Quinny with his floppy eared, just woke up look!


Then a little snack before going in to check out the new floor.

Rollo joins Quinny for a snack...he's very cute and has a dark face like Paleface from my first group released in 2006.





Toto, Mo, Nosey & Stinky were in the bigger cage for the renovations and never left the den box. They were all eventually brought back in and they all love their new floor! Quinny is a little too small for the really big side of the pen, and I didn't want him to be alone while all the noise was scaring them which is why they were separated during renovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment