NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The little stinkers!

Well at least one of the skunks seems to be doing fine! I was happy to catch this quick video of one of them and he looks nice and fat and happy.



Sunday night I ran into one again. Coming home from the MRI on my shoulder I encountered one in my driveway. He scurried off to the side down a little embankment. It's a nice brush tangled area with old cement culverts that were abandoned there when the house was built. Perfect area for a skunk to be denning up! Though I can't be sure it's one of mine, I have lived here 5 years and always commented on the lack of any skunk activity whatsoever. Only 1 sighting that whole time so I like to think all the stinker activity is a result of my little gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment