NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Friday, September 12, 2008

The boys out back.

Went out Wednesday night and I'm thrilled to report Screech & Popeye are doing great and hanging out together. You should have heard them playing around in the bushes before they came in to say hi! Definitely enjoying themselves.
Screech on the left, Popeye on the right & an older kit totally unfazed by all of us up on the platform!


They both look awesome with no new injuries, big full thick coats, and getting huge!!

The gang at Mary's is doing great. Weather permitting, we are planning on releasing them next Wednesday. (sniff, sniff) It's a love/hate thing! I love that they are going free, but I'm gonna miss them and worry terribly because I can't protect them from everything anymore. It's worse for me this year since they will not be in my own backyard either! I can't just walk out back and visit them anymore. But Mary is close enough I can swing over occasionally and she'll be there to keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment