NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The late kits out back.

Well I'm not the only one taking care of kits late in the season! I had been seeing a coonie make regular visits during the day.....and now I know why! Here she is bringing her new gang out to hang with the rest of the crew out there. I think there are 4 of them so she's got her hands full! I was never quite sure who she was....but if I had to venture a guess, it would be Whitey....Ringer & Belle's sister. I haven't seen her in a while but she looks very similar and although she wouldn't let me get too close, she tolerated my presence without going into a total panic and taking off....so she knows me.




The fact that she's started bringing them out also explains why I haven't seen her during the day any more in a while. Very cute! It also explains all the noise last night when I went out to visit. I kept hearing a lot of chattering like little kits calling mom but thought there had to be another reason....all the kits are older! Well here's the explanation in black & white! It WAS the chattering of little kits calling mom!
Ran into Red, Silly, Brownie, Popeye, Fuzz and various other older kits willing to come just close enough to grab a few treats thrown to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment