NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Brief update.

Over at Mary's last night (in the pouring rain I might add!) ran into Teddy, Sugar, Buster, Clover, Winny & Bear. The rest were smart enough to stay out of the rain! (unlike myself!)

Out back at my house ran into Feisty, Brownie, Ringer, Silly, Popeye, Fuzzball and Red. Red's jowels are pretty much back to normal now. Wonder what the heck that was all about!

Poor Rollo's ear was so swollen it sealed up his ear canal. I thought it was going to pop! So Laurie came over and stuck a syringe in there and drained out most of the blood to make him a little more comfortable! If I remember correctly she got at least 12 cc's out of there! He was a trooper through it all though! He let me restrain him and kept his head still for the procedure and I guarantee he is a lot more comfortable now. Hopefully it will not continue to overfill like that and will just start to resolve itself.....keeping my eye on it with fingers crossed!! With my luck he'll have to have some sort of strange and unusual surgery to fix it!! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment