NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

What the......?

So I get up at 6am this morning to feed the new babies. I'm at the sink looking out my kitchen window overlooking my back porch. I notice it is in disarray....the bird feeder bungied on the railing is pushed over, hanging over the side, a potted plant is dug up and scattered all over the floor, and the drawers under the gas grill are wide open. I sigh, go out and pick up the mess and fix the feeder. It had to be the actions of a raccoon! I get back inside and realize I didn't close the drawers, so I go back out and....SURPRISE!!....there is Daisey looking out at me! Well she found a nice dry space to hole up in in the pouring rain I guess! I brought her out back and put her in with Popeye for now. She can go back out when the weather clears up again! Silly girl! I'm thinking maybe she followed my scent up there, looking for one of her mommies to take care of her?? She's never been up by the house before.

No comments:

Post a Comment