NEW ARC

North East Wildlife Animal Rehabilitation Coalition is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization. We are a group of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, and these are the tales of the injured and orphaned animals we care for until they are able to be released back into the wild.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Vetrans & Rookies hanging out back

I just came in from a visit out back to check on the gang. I couldn't believe I ran into Brownie! Wow...I haven't seen her in a while! She is Ringer and Belle's sister from my first gang. She was more than happy to get some treats and a good back scratch from mom again! It was good to hear her bark too! Yup....she actually barks at any of the other coonies that come near her. It is a very distinctive bark and I would recognize it anywhere. And why was she barking do you say?? Because she had 4 little ones in tow now! She's the most protective mom I have out there, keeping everyone at bay when she has kits and it's good to see that hasn't changed. They were at a different feeding station than the "kit daycare tree" and everyone else was more than happy to give them their space.

Next in was Ringer, Lexi and their crew. They and their kits get along very well together. It was very cute watching the kits greet each other and say hi!

Daisy came in next, followed by Popeye. He's walking around fine on his foot again. On my way out I ran into Screech, also walking well on his foot. The newly released gang seems to finally be settling in to their new domain. I think Foxy was out there too, there was a pair of eyes with Daisy, but a little too shy to come in to say hi. Last time I saw Daisy the same thing happened but I managed to get a peek at the body behind the eyes and it was Foxy so I think this is the same situation.

Lots more racket going on in the woods, but the massive swarm of mosquito's got the better of me....even in my goofy looking mosquito netting clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment